Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Update




Wow! Since it has been since January 1st, I thought I should update everyone on what we have been up to......NOT MUCH! :0) Ok, so I turned 25 on Feb. 7th. Doesn't seem like I should be 25. But, I am. Oh well. We went to the park with the kids and had a picnic and just stayed outside all day. It was a beautiful day. The kids bought me some perfume, and Donnie bought be some pj's. They are from Old Navy and very comfy. Then he took me to The Melting Pot while mom watched the kids. We had never been (for those who don't know it is a fondue restaurant) it was EXCELLENT. For Valentines day Donnie's mom had the kids while we went shopping for shoes ( a standing tradition since before we ever dated....long story). He bought be a key with a heart on top diamond necklace. It is beautiful. We had a good day.




Alyssa turned 3 on March 20th. I can not believe that she is that old, but she is. Where does the time go? We had a great time celebrating her birthday. Donnie and I took her birthday off. We went to chuck - e - cheese for lunch and the kids had a blast. Then we went to the Zoo. Alyssa wanted to ride a pony for her birthday. So, we did. It was fun. They looked so cute. The above picture is of them with the riding helmets on. Alyssa really wanted to keep hers. But, oh well. For those of you who know my daughter she has been attached to her passie since day 1. Well, a week before her birthday she gave them up! Which was a HUGE accomplishment. For months we have been telling her that they would break by her birthday because she is a big girl now. Well, she kept finding them "broken" (the ends cut off) around the house. Then one night she decided to give them up completely. It was nice. After her birthday we moved on to potty training her. Which she has been ready since before she was 2, but she is one stubborn little girl. So, we decided to let her go to the zoo and ride the pony 2 times if she would go potty in the big girl potty. Well she did, and we have yet to go! I know I am horrible. We have not had a free weekend in months. But, we will make good on our promise.


Trey is turning 5 this month. I can not believe that my baby is going to school in August. But, I have to start believing it, because I register him this week for school. He is so smart, I can not be live some of the things he says. He remembers everything. You can show him once and he's got it down. He has been working on reading, and also on his addition. It is really cute to hear him work out a math problem and then come up with the correct answer. I hope is enthusiasm for learning keeps up through school. He can't get enough of it right now. He is a wonderful big brother and helped with reminding Alyssa to go potty so she wouldn't have an accident. He will also be getting the pony ride for this. He would tell her, Alyssa even if you don't think you need to go, go in and go so we can ride the pony's again. It was really cute. He also helps me keep things clean around the house. (although his toys seem to be all over his room at times) But, he likes helping with dishes, and his favorite is to take a Clorox wipe and wash walls, counters, doors, and almost every hard surface in the house. Recently Donnie's sister Rhonda got married. She had a DJ at the wedding and Trey got out and danced and danced. It was cute. The other picture above is the kids outside the temple in the clothes Rhonda had them wear for the wedding.
Donnie has been working like crazy. He is on the road around Columbia all of the time. With budgets being cut on the district level, allot of his schools sports budgets have also been cut. He is working hard to maintain what he billed last year, and doing a good job. He is also going to start selling Life Insurance on the side, and becoming a financial planner through Beneficial Financial Group. It is a church owned insurance company that offers hundreds of ways to plan for the future, and to make sure your families are taken care of in time of need. He is excited. He has been licenced before to sell, and is studying to become re-licenced. So, he is staying busy.
I am still working with Absolute Title. I have been here 8 years in August, and can not belive that at all. Sometimes I can't remember doing anything before I started when other times I can not believe it has really been 8 years. But, they treat me well, and I enjoy the responsibility that comes with my job.
That should bring us up to speed. I will add a new slide show of pics soon. I will also add more of Alyssa's birthday and then of Trey's once we have the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.